Gym to re-open after coronavirus closure
After months of lockdown, the gym is re-opening (to members only) on Sunday, July 26th. The usual Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday sessions will return - but there will be some changes to make sure we keep safe and stay in line with official coronavirus recommendations.
1. Restricted numbers to ensure social distancing: Each session will be split into 45 minute slots with a maximum of six people. The slots will have to be booked in advance from Sally on 07900 445536 for Monday and Wednesday sessions, and Jackie on 07519 934091 for Friday and Sunday sessions.
2. Bring your own drinks as the kitchen will be closed. Do not bring any towels - these are against the guidelines. We will supply paper towels instead.
3. Bring your own mat if you have one - but we can provide one if you don't.
4. One-way system: Enter the usual way by the Barn's front doors. Someone will check your temperature when you arrive. Leave by the fire exit near the snooker room.
5. If you suspended your standing order to the gym when it closed, you must restart it before you can use the gym again.
We look forward to seeing you soon and hope you feel confident that you can return to the gym safely. Many thanks for your patience and support over the recent months.
When you join you'll fill in a health questionnaire and your blood pressure will be checked. Then one of our qualified instructors will give you a one-to-one induction showing you all the equipment which you will have an opportunity to try out.
On your second visit our instructors will take you through a structured exercise programme, tailored to your needs and goals. This is a great way to get the most out of your time in the gym. The instructor will explain your programme and demonstrate every step of the way. It will be a lot of information but remember we have an instructor in the gym at all times to give you a hand if you forget.
Your programme can be changed at any time - we recommend changing it every six weeks to keep it effective and exciting but we can change and adapt it at any time.
Sally is a qualified gym instructor with a wide experience in keep fit. She can provide personal training programmes and is qualified to look after patients referred for exercise programmes by their GPs.
I started as a member at the gym and due to my love of fitness I completed my Level 2 in fitness instructing and now instruct there. I also qualified as a circuit training instructor and my main passion is keeping the over 50s fit and healthy.
Shirley Sainsbury, Secretary
Jane Barker, Treasurer
Maggie Prettyman, Team Management